This is a 10 part series where we will guide you on all the aspects that you should keep in mind while starting a business.
So you now have a great domain name and you are looking for a hosting provider for your business website. What should you look for when you are selecting a hosting company? Well, let’s see a few points that you should consider while selecting a hosting company.
Let’s assume that you are totally new to the hosting world and this is your first online business.
- Let’s say your is a static website, which will be developed in HTML, then a shared hosting plan of any company can be suitable for you.
- If you are looking to build a blog or a forum, then you will require more power and your website needs to be fast. Because a slow blog or forum will turn users away from using your website. So a more powerful plan may be required. Have a talk with the hosting company via their sales chat or email, and they will be happy to guide you.
- Now, if you are looking to set up a small online store you may want to either go with a powerful shared hosting or a small VPS. These are good if you have around 50-100 products and a few visitors browsing your website simultaneously.
- If you have a store which would have over 500 products then a good VPS is what we would suggest. A managed hosting can also help you here, as you need more time to concentrate on your business than on your hosting.
- If you plan on running a bigger store with over 2000 products then a powerful VPS or dedicated server is what you would need. A managed solution is recommended here, as you can have peace that someone is taking care of your server environment.
- A bigger store? More than 10000 products, we recommend a powerful dedicated server/servers or hosting in the Cloud with multiple servers for web apps, databases, etc.
This will give you a rough idea of what your hosting environment should be like. Still, this is a very general idea, and we request you to contact the sales and support department of the hosting company, to find out a good balance between power and affordability for your business. Also, do make sure to ask questions, that you have to the company, so you get an idea of how good they are at after sales and support.
If you have any questions, please mention it in the comments below, and we would be happy to answer them for you.
As always, if you are looking for a great host, you can visit our website https://hivium.com.